Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Tuesday 3 November 2009

A Tree Grows In The City

Strolling along Princes Walk, the Yarra to my left, I wondered what must Melbourne have been like before all these tall buildings existed and was glad the Yarra divides the city and we still have trees to provide greenery, freshen the air, and provide a shady, leafy place where people can gather and have fun while enjoying nature's bounty.

6 comments:

Rob Siemann said...

Nice photo! The weather seems to be really nice now.

Julie said...

Nice contrast between old and new here, BFG. I like the way the tree caresses the old street lamp.

I like the title to. It reminds me of the old Dorothy Malone (I think) film, "A tree grows in Brooklyn".

Julie said...

Was not confident, so looked that up. Not Got my Dorothies confused: Dorothy McGuire NOT Dorothy Malone.

Oops ... not a contestant on The Einstein Factor just yet!

VP said...

This is my first visit to your blog and, virtually, in Melbourne. I have read a lot about Australia but images are always another thing...

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Rob and Mandy - A beautiful 30ยบ the sun was hot, the company good and the champagne was superb!:-)

Julie - The old Victorian street lamps add character and seem to go with most things.
I wouldn't worry about Eisntein - I tried once for "Sale of the Century" - I'm afraid I never made it to the end. (sigh)

Vogon Poet - Welcome to my little corner of the world. We may not have the lovely old architecture and history that your beautiful Italy has - but we have some very unique animals and natural sites. Thanks for stopping by.
Grazie.:-)

Unknown said...

I live in Melbourne too, but nice to see it through yr lens :)

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.