Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Monday 16 November 2009

Ahh - Pizza!

Le Chef in action - Mama Mia!
Carosello's just opposite the railway station has been around for many years, and seems to have taken on a new lease of life with this painted kitchen scene. This villa-style pizzeria has an authentic Italian menu, is fully licensed and BYO (wine) Inside is memorabilia of the Essendon Footy Club and plenty of boisterous families fill the main dining room - so bring the wife, bring the kiddies as you tuck into the best pizza, sip your chianti, raise your glass and salut!
Buon Appetito!

9 comments:

Lowell said...

That is a great advertisement...so well done and I'm pleased that it wasn't just graffiti!

Bergson said...

so funny
i want a pizza

AB said...

I really love that!

Leif Hagen said...

Molto bene! I love za pasta and za pizza! Grazie mille - ciao bella

B SQUARED said...

Looks like my kind of place.

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

A very jolly sign, yes sort of graffiti style but cheerful - and so much better than just a plastic sign! Sports and pizza are always a good mix, too. Nice photo.
Three Rivers Daily Photo

VP said...

Very nice ad for what seems a nice restaurant.
One of the meaning of Carosello in Italian was a short series of ads aired after the 20.30 evening news, in the 60s. Kid watched that, ads were something funny and rare then, and then went happily to bed.
If you ask an Italian of my age what is Carosello, that come to mind...

Cezar and Léia said...

oh dear friend, it's not a good idea for me just in this Monday, because I need to think about my diet now! :)
Just kidding!
This is such a cool graffiti and I like so much this kind of urban art!
I also loved your previous post but I need to confess that I have a huge fear about all kind of spiders!
Anyway your picture is fabulous!
Have a nice week!
Léia

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Jacob - It is better than the plain wall that used to be there.

Bergson - Do they make pizza in France?

AB - Better than the usual advertising.

Leif - Grazie signore.

B Squared - It has good atmosphere.

Three Rivers - Blake Carosello played for Essendon (Footy)

Vogon Poet - Thanks, I didn't know that. An Italian lady told me there used to be television ads for chocolate spaghetti.

Cezar and Léia - Dietsw can be a nuisance can't they? Enjoy your week too and the weekend.:-)

JM - It seems to draw the crowd.

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.