Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Sunday 29 November 2009

Scenic Sunday - The Tree

The tree on the Yarra
I love sitting under a tree and watching the world go by.

TREES

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.


Joyce Kilmer. 1886–1918

Click here for other Scenic Sunday Shots
Scenic Sunday

10 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Beautiful image and poem!
God bless you!
Cezar

eileeninmd said...

I love that poem and your tree is lovely. Great scene and photo.

My name is Riet said...

That is a beautiful picture.

brattcat said...

Terrific composition.

Lorac said...

Great tree, great poem. The roots look really neat!

Joe Todd said...

What a lovely spot. I found a new tree for me to sit under today at a local park. The weather even cooperated

AB said...

The tree acts as a great frame in this composition.

Lowell said...

This is very well-composed photo, Blossomflowergirl! What a great tree. And the poem has always been a favorite...

Merci! And have a wonderful week!

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

Peaceful - warm and sunny with the tree arching over the river.
Three Rivers Daily Photo

Unknown said...

Very well composed photo. The tree looks beautiful!

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.