Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Thursday 26 November 2009

Ship Ahoy!

Sailing anyone?

The Royal Brighton Yacht Club (RBYC) is the Premier Yacht Club in Victoria and offers a huge array of services for yachting and power boat owners and is a member-based club, open to the whole community. Their aim is to promote and encourage the sport of yachting generally and racing between sailing yachts in particular. The club offers a wide range of benefits to both members and non-members.

On any given day you can pop down to Brighton and see a vast array of sea going vessels.

Classes sailed
Classes sailed at the Royal Brighton Yacht Club include:
470, Dragon, Etchell, Europe Dinghy, Jubilee, Laser, Pacer, Sabot, Sharpie.

(Apologies for my lack of visiting and/or commenting - "Junior" far exceeded our download limit and we have been "capped" until next month. At present pages are taking up to 10 minutes to load.)

8 comments:

brattcat said...

The masts are like a forest of white birch.

brattcat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cezar and Léia said...

Très magnifique!
Great capture. I wonder about those beautiful boats, I bet they are all very expensive!
Léia

Leif Hagen said...

Boats, boats and more sailing boats! Great harbor photo, BFG!

Nefertiti said...

hello

This elephant is the elephant machine Lille, ais I t found a link but in French, may be you can looked for translate with google translator

http://translate.google.fr/#fr|en|

Good evening and thank you for your passage on my blog of humor and the photo it seems, O)

http://www.nantes.fr/ext/machines_2007/elephant_les_premiers_pas.php

johnny said...

Gran foto. Uno de mis sueños es dar la vuelta al mundo en velero :-)
Saludos

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

I love the rhythm of the masts in this photo, very nice. Oh and I like the subject of the photo too, since everyone here has their boats out of the water for winter...

Cheerful picture, sorry to hear about Junior's downloading problem :-)
Three Rivers Daily Photo

Elaine Yim said...

What a beautiful capture. This looks like romance and adventure here.

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.