Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Saturday 14 November 2009

The "Banana"


Just the place for a nap
One could be forgiven for thinking this hammock was a giant banana - it does look like one doesn't it? I came across it last Sunday in the yard next to the local pub and thought what a wonderful place to lay your head and just move gently with the breeze, swinging slowly from side to side, the scent of gum trees in the air, the birds singing in the trees.

I am currently baby-sitting two very active little boys - Master 5 and Master almost 4 and that hammock would certainly come in handy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that funny ... looks like a giant banana =0D

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

It DOES look like a banana! Don't fall out onto those chunks of firewood, though.

Christine, Three Rivers Daily Photo

Lowell said...

It does look like a banana. I can hear it now: "How was your nap?"

"Oh, it was great. I took it in a banana!"

moonstar said...

it really looks like a banana. Nice shot.

VP said...

I often forget that down there spring is in full swing! Like the banana, I'd like to try it with a nap...

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.