Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Monday 23 November 2009

Discoland

You Can't Stop The Music
Have you ever noticed how many people have earphones stuck in their ears and wires dangling around the necks? Whatever happened to conversation - you're at the station or sitting on the train, a nice book in front of you and all you can hear is someone's music boring in on your conscience.

Methinks these Fearless Four have broken the Eleventh Commandment -
Thou shalt not have thy Apple - iPod so loud that it annoyeth others!

11 comments:

Lowell said...

I don't understand this at all. Especially as most music this day hardly qualifies as noise. But then, I'm old and thought Sinatra knew how to sing.

Leif Hagen said...

How true! I'm with you! Do you ever pull out their earphones and say, "your music is TOO loud!"? Just wondering...

Elaine Yim said...

This is bad for their ears. Sometimes, sombody's voice make me jump but when I look behind, it is only him/her doing a sing along or voice over.

Davine said...

I do love music, but I agree. All we can hear from their earphones is duff,duff,duff.

B SQUARED said...

You mean they can't listen to their IPods and text at the same time?

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I haven't ran into this too much. What bothers me most are those who blast their bass in their vehicles. That just shakes my insides. Most annoying. We only deal with this when we go to town. Being out in the country, we no longer have drive bys. Peace.

Rob Siemann said...

Yep, same here. Being a bit hard of hearing, I don't really complain about it, but I don't use these things myself, never have.

Cezar and Léia said...

Fabulous idea, I loved this post and I need to confess that I also have mine! LOL
hugs
Léia

AB said...

So many rules, so little time to listen to an Ipod!

VP said...

I could copy and paste Jacob's comment! Same story here, I'm sure the music is about the same...

Stefan Jansson said...

I can understand that they would like to listen to music while commuting. I sometimes use my mp3-player when I'm on the bike, but I'm afraid many people play their music way to loud and far to long.

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.