Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Sunday 27 September 2009

Chinese Garden of Friendship


Dragon Wall





One of my favourite places in Sydney is the Chinese Garden of Friendship. As you enter these lovely gardens, you feel a sense of peace and serenity as you enter another world - a world of tinkling waters, enchanting Pagodas and charming landscapes, and it is hard to imagine you are within a stone's throw of a busy metropolis.

This magnificent Wall was a gift from Guangdong and features two coloured dragons. The blue represents NSW, and the gold-brown represents Guangdong. The Pearl of Posperity, carried by a wave between the dragons, symbolises the bond between the two cities.

2 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Ni how! Ni how! What a gorgeous place!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Leif - It is very peaceful and full of good feng shui.

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.