Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Saturday 12 September 2009

Care For A Swim?

Driving past Brighton Beach recently, this "lady swimmer" caught my eye. While I'm not sure what she exactly represents, nevertheless she looked quite imposing.

7 comments:

Elaine Yim said...

This looks like a work in progress. There are no plaque to explain about it and I wonder what the round concrete structures surrounding it are for. Nevertheless, I'm quite certain that this lady is an eye-catcher.

Julie said...

I had to laugh. What a pose!!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

The round concrete discs/structures have one half raised with a small ring shape in the middle. I'll be contacting the local council for information.

I wonder if the artist used a life model? Would have been rather uncomfortable on the elbow I should imagine.

Layrayski said...

eye catcher indeed! love the whimsical and yet evocative style.

Jim said...

An ineresting piece of artwork.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Unknown said...

Would she be sailing on cloud nine ??

AB said...

Great statue - it has a lot of charm.

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.