Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Thursday 3 September 2009

Bridge Over Untroubled Waters


The Afton Street Pedestrian Bridge was built in 1990 and crosses over the Maribyrnong River linking Afton Street and The Boulevard with Chifley Drive.

Winding its way along the river, The Boulevard is a popular walk with locals and those keen on exercise. The Chifley Drive walk is a 4.2 km loop starting at Leopold Street near the Anglers Tavern - follow the path along the river and Chifley Drive past the Coulson Gardens to Afton St footbridge. Cross the bridge onto the North side of the river, follow the track along Riverside Park past Essendon Rowing Club to Maribyrnong Road, finishing back at the Anglers Tavern. After this delightful walk, relax in the grounds of the Anglers with a long cool drink.

2 comments:

Funchal Daily Photo said...

Your city must be very nice to live. In Funchal, in Madeira island, Portugal, where I was born and live, I listen many times about Melbourne, and others cities of Australia. My city have to twinning procol with Marrickville and Fremantle cities. Maibe yours will be the next.
I like your country, your photos and your blog.
I will follow you.
Regards,
Paulo Camacho

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Thanka J Bar - looking through my files, I took 10 shots of the bridge.

Hello Paulo,
Thank you, I think my city is nice too.:-)
I've been to Fremantle and loved it - it's laid back and has a good "Cappuccino Strip".
Thanks too for following my blog,
Cheers,
BlossomFlowerGirl

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.