Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Friday 2 October 2009

Sunrise On The Water (Skywatch Friday)


We often take for granted the things that are around us, and staying at "Heartbreak Hill" as the locals call it, I stood in the centre of the road (on the roundabout) at 5.20AM dressed in trackies and a dorky hat to watch the sun rising. As the glow of a new dawn started, I forgot about the cold and watched entranced as the golden rays of a new sun slowly filled the sky. I wanted to hug that feeling to me and never let it go. And watching it brought tears to my eyes, it was such a beautiful sight to witness and ringing in my head came the words of John Denver who said it so much better.

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high.

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way.

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high.

If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while.

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost all the time makes me high.


You can listen to the song Here

3 comments:

Steffi said...

Fantastic sunset and a nice song!Happy SWF!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Thanks Steffi. It is a nice song. Thansk for visiting my blog and commenting.
Cheers.

J Bar - it's one of the few sunrises I've seen, so it was pretty special.

Debra said...

This is a gorgeous sunrise....great capture! I adore sunrises and they affect me the same way this one affected you. I just took some great shots of one yesterday and will be posting them on Friday for SkyWatch friday.

Love the John Denver song...it goes so perfect with your picture! :)

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.