Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Tuesday 9 March 2010

The Waiting Game

 
Platform nine and three quarters?
Some of these people might very well have looked less bored if they really were waiting for the Hogwart's Special. As it is, they're stuck with platform five. The lady in the pink top is decidely tired of waiting, the fellow in the blue check top thought he may as well take the opportunity to eat, and the chap in the white t shirt resorted to reading a newspaper.

Do you realise we spent most of our lives waiting? Waiting for the train, waiting for it to stop raining, waiting for a taxi to come, waiting for the dinner to cook and - waiting for the train.

Today's Quote: But the important thing about learning to wait, I feel sure, is to know what you are waiting for - Anna Neagle

9 comments:

B SQUARED said...

It's terrible to forget what you are waiting for.

Cezar and Léia said...

They could, for instance, read a book in the meantime, would make the waiting not so boring... :)
God bless you!
Cezar

brattcat said...

Or they could bring their cameras to take photographs for CDP. Amazing how much more aware they would become of their surroundings and how much more quickly the wait would pass.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

B Squared - It would indeed be terrible to forget. Even more terrbile is to forget you had to wait and then miss what it was.

Cezar and Léia - I always have something in my pack to read.

Brattcat - I have taken to bringing my camera with me when I go out. It was so interesting taking photos of the platforms and people than time passed very quickly.

Cheers.

Lowell said...

I've been waiting for you to post this photo!

Paula said...

This looks like such a bright and clean place to wait, don't think I'd mind it all that much. Great photo full of interesting people!

Davine said...

Oh how I wish I could catch a train from platform 9 3/4.

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee
It's the same around the world when waiting for public transportation....

Lois said...

Waiting is a lot easier if you know when it will end!

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.