Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Saturday 11 July 2009

The Flying Kangaroo


When Melbourne's International Airport Tullamarine first opened in 1970, Melbournians would go for a "Sunday drive" to marvel at this new and exciting venture which replaced the old Essendon airport. Melbourne now had its very own International airport where aircraft from all around the globe could take off and land, instead of having to first fly to Sydney as there were no difect flights previously.

Here we have one of our Qantas aircraft - which stood for Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Services. It is nicknamed the Flying Kangaroo and the white kangroo on a red background is their logo.





No comments:

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.