Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Telstra Corporate Centre

In the city of Melbourne is the Telstra Corporate Centre. Built in 1992 and standing at 219m high with 47 floors, it's in our top ten tallest list. It was designed by Perrot Lyon Matheison, the architect of Rialto Towers and is the world headquarters for Telstra. It is also a Melbourne landmark.

Of interest is the lift core - it is exposed through the middle of the building and used as a tower feature.

The Telstra building is located at 242 Exhibition Street.

 
Above: Telstra Corporate Centre

Below is the building in front of this modern glass skyscraper.

 
Above: In front of the Telstra building
Note the difference in design, height, medium and architecture. I was facing east taking both photos.



Today's Quote: We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us ~ Winston Churchill

7 comments:

lewi14@gmail.com said...

Very nice photos. What a contrast between the modern skyscraper and the façade of the older building on the second photo. Well done.

diane b said...

Interesting buildings the contrast is very good.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Downtown Melbourne does have a dynamic and charming mix of modern skyscrapers and classic architecture.

Luis Gomez said...

Pretty amazing. Great architecture on both buildings.

Barbara said...

Oh I love those photos, I really like seeing other parts of our world, hugs and blessings, Barbara

Small City Scenes said...

It looks like downtown Seattle where the modern glass skyscrapers mingle with the smaller brick and stone buildings. Pretty cool!!

My mouth is watering after looking at the previous post. YUM!! MB

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» likes the Churchill quote!

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.