Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Saturday 7 August 2010

Southgate Bridge

 
Across the Yarra
Another view of our Southgate Footbridge across the Yarra which connects Southgate with Flinders Street. This shot was taken from the banks of Southbank and you can see the city buildings - our famous red brick of Flinders Street Station with it's iconic dome, the spire of St. Paul's Cathedral, and modern day sky scrapers with their mirrored windows.


Today's Quote: The bridges that you cross before you come to them are over rivers that aren't there - Gene Brown

17 comments:

brattcat said...

Such interesting architecture, especially down by the water, and such graceful bridges.

B SQUARED said...

Very "Metropolis" like. A very interesting quote today. All always enjoy them.

Randy said...

Such a big city feel to it. Nice photo!

paul said...

This image captures a lot of the stunning beauty of Melbourne!

Jim said...

Nice sunny day too.

Bill said...

Beautiful cityscape of one of my favourite cities in the world.

Unknown said...

Wow, nice shot. I think our city really nice, and this is one of my favourite part of the city - great for bikes and crown is just here (for village cinema)...

Wish everyday is so sunny and bright :).

Birdman said...

Impressive.

lewi14@gmail.com said...

It's really an amazing view! Great shot!

johnny said...

Me encantan los rascacielos son las catedrales del siglo XX

Abrazos desde la playa :)

Unknown said...

That's a fine composition with so many details! Nice job!

Barbara said...

That is such a cool bridge, I love the design thanks for sharing, hugs my friend, Barbara

Linnea said...

What a pretty and classy cityscape. It looks like a cool city to explore and photograph - something you do so well! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Lowell said...

Just glorious. And all that wonderful background is set off so well by the river and that beautiful bridge! A handsome city, BG!

James said...

I really this skyline. Great shot!

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» finds the structure of the bridge to be very interesting. This is a fine shot - it encompasses many things, showing the diversity of urban life; the old and the new; a very welcome contribution to Sunday Bridges.

Tuttu said...

Your blob is like a virtual Melbourne city walk for me. I visited this beautiful scenic city 4 years back and your blog brings memories of my trip.

Thanks a Ton and please keep posting more and more pics of this lovely city Melbourne.

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.