Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Wednesday 26 August 2009

Wild Waters

South Esk River, Launceston

Due to recent heavy rainfall, the South Esk River had flooded and walking along the Cataract walk to the First Basin, the river was pounding and crashing its way as it flowed. The Cataract Gorge Reserve, or "the Gorge" as it's known is a wilderness with natural formation just a short 10 minute walk from the city centre of Launceston aka "Lonnie", Tasmania.

There is a chairlft spanning the huge natural basin - the longest single span chairlift in the world with a length of 457 metres, plus a suspension bridge.

I'll be doing a series of shots from around Tasmania and the West Coast where I was travelling recently.

No comments:

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.