Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Saturday 15 August 2009

Ready Please Mister Music


These two musos (Australian slang for someone who plays a musical instrument)
entertained the crowds at the Queen Vic.
The traditional Bolivian music they played was lively and toe-tapping.

The muso on the left is playing the Quena - the traditional flute of the Andes.

Under his arm is a Charango, a small South American stringed instrument of the lute family.

The chap on the right as well as strumming a guitar, is playing a ZampoƱa - an Andean panflute. Named for its connection with the rustic Greek god Pan, the pan flute is usually made from bamboo or giant reed (Arundo donax).

The young lady was selling CD's.
I liked the bright colours of the
traditional Bolivian blanket -
known as "Saddle" blankets.

4 comments:

AB said...

There seem to be musicians playing pan pipes in every town in the world with more than two inhabitants. The Andes must be deserted, apart from the lamas.

Jim said...

Cool.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Unknown said...

I thought they were playing music from the Andes even before I read it. Very eye-catching colours from South America! :-)

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

AB - you could very well be right. There was a group down in Tasmania as well.

J Bar - they were a couple of the coolest 'dudes' around, nothing seemed to faze them.

JM - Yea, the colours are eye-catching and vivid. Much nicer than the drab browns and greys worn by many folk during winter.

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.