Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Saturday 29 August 2009

Going Around In Circles


When you see a Ferris Wheel, what do you think? Does it bring back childhood memories and remind you of summer holidays spent happily outdoors? Remember your first ride on one and how you felt when you were seated up at the very top - and looked around you for as far as the eye could see?

Well, you can relive those memories - at Birrarung Marr along the banks of the Yarra is the largest travelling Ferris wheel in the southern hemisphere. Each of its 36 Gondola carriages has a 6 person seating capacity. It has a 50 meter peak clearance and each ride is 10-12 minutes in duration.

Ferris wheel,
go round and round!
memories last
one day for you
a lifetime for me

---Kyoko Kuriki

No comments:

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.