Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Wednesday 12 August 2009

Cows in Trees


Hey diddle diddle
The cat and the fiddle
The cow jumped over the moon...


Except this cow didn't quite make it and landed in a tree.

"Cow Up a Tree" was designed by John Kelly and is one of the sculptures at Melbourne Docklands public art walk. The artist was inspired by the floods in Gippsland Victoria, which swept cattle into trees and left them stranded when the floods subsided.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so amazing! What a catch!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Thanks - it is rather unusual. Can't say as I've seen anything else that comes close.

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.