Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Thursday 6 June 2013

The Red Umbrella

 
Above: The Red Umbrella
I spotted this on the upper level on the back of a building in one of the little laneways that Melbourne is famous for. It reminds me of a 20th century Mary Poppins - remember how Mary Poppins held her umbrella high and flew up over the treetops? Well it almost seems as if these two are about to do the same. One of the things I find so endearing about this sketch, is the look of love on the mother's face as she looks at the child and the look of trust on the boy as he looks back.

Today's quote: Until the sun comes out again for you, my umbrella is big enough for two ~ Author unknown

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it.

krisz fu said...

thanks for capturing this, it's amazing! :)

brattcat said...

love the capture, love the quote.

Lowell said...

Wonderful capture. The red color makes the scene. And yes, I do remember "Mary Poppins." My goodness, that was at least 43 years ago!

Red Nomad OZ said...

What an awesome artwork! And I'm not just saying that because it's RED ...

Peter van den Besselaar said...

Wowo, very beautiful! I love it.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Andrew, it was the brolly that caught my eye.

Anonymous krisz fu, it's an unusual one, most of our street art is highly coloured.

Brattcat - it took a while to find a suitable quite.

Lowell and Red Nomad - red always looks good anywhere.

Peter - I think it would look nice on the wall.

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.