Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Monday 19 July 2010

Coffee on Collins

Coffee, Tea or Bonox?
Melbourne's city streets are a mecca for dining al fresco and even in the midst of winter, we Melbournians still enjoy sipping a coffee or sampling fine tea outdoors. Walking up Collins Street between Swanston and Russell Streets just past the Athenaeum Theatre after a day of shopping, you can sit and rest your feet under the lovely old trees in one of Melbourne's premier streets renowned for its style and glamour.

Today's quote: The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks ~ Sir James Mackintosh

10 comments:

Miranda said...

Very fancy. Nice pic. What is bonox?

diane b said...

Have fun explaining the saying..."Coffee, tea or Bonox"

I don't see many out in the cold today but I believe you because we can tell Melbournians up here, they are the ones in shorts and singlet or swimsuit in middle of winter.

brattcat said...

if that quote about coffee is true i'm in serious trouble.

B SQUARED said...

I've heard that said about coffee.

Lois said...

It looks so inviting!

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis», being in the coffee business likes this post and the quote very much!

Barbara said...

looks so clean and nice, very nice place for dining, hugs Barbara

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

For those who are wondering about Bonox - it is a beef extract and was invented by Camron Thomas who worked for Kraft foods and was used to add falvour to stock, gravy and casseroles. It was also used as a hearty beef drink. The slogan "Coffee, tea or bonox" was a very popular advertisement promoting bonox. Just Me Again - I've left some info about it on your blog.

Cheers.☺

eden said...

I would love to sit there and have a cuppa. Love the place. Great shot.

Lowell said...

I like this a lot. Looks "warm" and inviting. But what is "bonox"?

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.