Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Thursday 7 October 2010

Oriental Arcade

Above: Oriental Arcade
Tucked away on the right-hand side of Beach Road in Sorrento, is this lovely little arcade with an air of mystery about it. As you walk down the narrow alley way to the back so's you can access the shops, you are greeted with an Italian waiter, or is that a Greek wearing a toga? statue on one side, and beautiful and delicate fernery plants on the other.

Racks of clothing are hanging around outsisde and as you ascend the stairs your eyes are filled with visions of a riot of colour. A great place to spend buying or just browsing.

Today's Quote: Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping ~ Bo Derek

11 comments:

brattcat said...

You certainly know the best places to take us.

Luis Gomez said...

Love these kind of spaces.

EG CameraGirl said...

This makes shopping an adventure. :)

Photo Cache said...

You have the nicest pictures. I ought to come by more often.

~Cheryl said...

How whimsical! Glad you explored this little area.

Dianne said...

I love this photo ~ it's so interesting and I'm certain I could find something to take home from this arcade.
~Dianne~

NatureFootstep said...

it does look mysterious. But it is tidy and neat. :)

B SQUARED said...

I would shop with Bo anywhere, anytime.

Kala said...

Looks like a fun place to visit and do some shopping!

Louis la Vache said...

Here's the answer to Qu'est-ce que c'est?...
;-D

AB said...

Great back street atmosphere. A little world unto itself

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.