Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Sunday 21 March 2010

Rhythm of Life

"Linear freedom and control of Japanese calligraphy".

Created by Andrew Rogers, this eco inspired bronze abstract sculpture is 2.6m high and was acquired in 2000 by the Victorian Arts Centre and stands ourside the Arts Centre near the entrance to Southbank.
Below you can see the full view with the shaped hedge behind.
 
The hedge I believe is English Box and the building behind it is Hamer Hall.


History of the Rythmn of Life sculpture:
Andrew Rogers was born in 1947 and is one of Australia's most distinguished contemporary sculptors. The Rythmn of Life which he created in 1996, was one of his first abstract pieces. His collection of Geoglyphs have been constructed in eight countries to - Australia, Bolivia, Chile, China, Iceland, India, Israel and Sri Lanka.

Today's Quote: All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

2 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Truly nice sculpture, really!
God bless you!
Cezar

Leif Hagen said...

A wonderful sculpture in front of the ivy arch!

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.