Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.




Waltzing Australia

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Les Bicyclettes

The wheels of the bikes go round and round
Strolling along the Yarra some weeks ago, seeing this chap and his daughter riding their bikes brought to mind the song by Mireille Mathieu. I remember hearing this on the radio when I was a little girl and the melody always stuck in my mind.

I did my back in again. An old injury has flared up and at present it's lie flat on my back or find a comfortable position on the sofa with plenty of cushions! My time on the computer has been limited, not very comfortable sitting on a kitchen chair. I really must invest in a proper computer chair with back support - ergonomic I believe they're called. I've not been able to visit and see all the wonderful photos as much as I'd like just at the moment, but I'll do my best.
Cheers.

13 comments:

brattcat said...

Your health and comfort come first. Hope you mend quickly. I like the curve of this path. So organic.

Cezar and Léia said...

Wonderful composition, I loved these benches, the lake, the lovely bicycles, the beautiful sunny day...humm just wonderful!
Léia

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

"Seul le ciel tendre et bleu se mirait dans nos yeux
nos yeux d'enfants heureux..."

Thanks for the link and the photo to go with the song!

Three Rivers Daily Photo

Jim said...

You always have such wonderful shots beside the Yarra.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Rob Siemann said...

Well, get well soon.
Very nice shot. As I absolutely cannot stand Mireille Mathieu, I suggest following song: A bicyclette, by Yves Montand (one of Monroe's husbands). Here it is on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOZPWpiNUWQ

Unknown said...

What a lovely place to ride a bike... or walk, or just to hang out! :-)
Hope you're feeling better now. Take good care of your back.

AB said...

I hope your back soon gets better.

This is a wonderful sweeping photo.

Lowell said...

I think this qualifies as a heart-warming photo! What a wonderful scene! That little bike looks just like the one we got for our little granddaughter!

Gerald (SK14) said...

I was reminded of that song as soon as I saw the title - hope your back improves.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I hope you feel better soon . I think you are a fantastic photographer !Thanks for stopping by.
Merry Christmas !
~Myrna

Bergson said...

this granfather look more at the photographer

Louis la Vache said...

It looks like a splendid day for a bike ride! Not so here - the overnight low was a most unusually low 22º F (-5.6ºC)!

«Louis» has added a link to your blog at his San Francisco Bay Daily Photo, lower right sidebar.

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» meant to add that he hopes you feel better soon!

Melbourne Daily Photo

Hello, I created this blog because Melbourne is my city and I want people to see what a beautiful place it is. So come with me on a journey of discovery as we traverse the dining precincts, the culture, the laneways and hidden gems that make Melbourne marvellous.